12.05.2011

week NineteeN: Bolo de Bolacha - Portuguese Cookie Cake

This is one of those Portuguese desserts that everyone has at one point or another tried. It is, probably, the dessert that kids loved most. I remember that my mother baked it for special occasions, when she wanted to surprised us… It really ensured moments of delightful, sharing and love!
It is a cake made of Maria Biscuits and a cream made of butter, sugar and eggs. Before using the biscuits for the cake they are dipped into some strong coffee. The crunching feeling, the mix between the sweetness of the cream and the sour flavor from coffee makes it irresistible. The problem, is that it's so good it never last more than one day!
I learn how to do it, and recently arrived to San Francisco It was my time to surprise two (not that little) boys with this Bolo de Bolacha (Cookie Cake) and I could see in their expressions, the happiness and enchantment that only childhood memories can bring to you. I finally understood the big smile in my mother's face when she observed me and my brother eating wildly a "Bolo de Bolacha" just like this one…

No comments:

Post a Comment